Monday, April 5, 2010

QuarkXpress poster-Assignment #6






When first hearing about the assignment I got really excited because I love creating new things and putting my creativity to good use. Although I have never used Quarkxpress, I was excited to try something new. We created a poster about the artist we chose for the power point saying they were coming to campus for a cd release party. Quite frankly I wish Lupe Fiasco would come to campus, that would be very exciting to me.

My first attempt at the poster actually became my final piece. I took a picture Lupe looked really good in and cropped his face so only half his entire face and body were showing. Professor O'Connell said that making it that way would really capture someone's eyes and make them want to read who that person is. Before putting the picture in quark I edited it in photoshop, making the picture look heavenly. It actually came out good!

I was glad in the picture he was wearing red because the yellow wording I used complemented it perfectly and made the words pop out at you. Professor O'Connell also said that yellow catches reader's eyes. I also added Lupe's CD cover of Food & Liquor. I thought that gave the poster something extra.

The only trouble I had was figuring out how to use my space with the wording. I didn't want to clutter the poster, but I didn't want empty spaces. I made sure the title stuck out and that all the information was there. I put a star burst and had the pricing information in it because I think that if I were to go to an event, the first thing that I would want to know if I was interested in going would be the prices.

I will be honest, I thought my poster was going to be plain and boring. However, it turned out really good and I am really proud of it! Everyone in the class loved it and that makes my hard work even more rewarding.

Making posters or any other project can be easy if you pay attention to the steps and take your time. If you rush then the project comes out bad and you really don't learn anything. It took me about 2 1/2-3hrs to complete this project. I really enjoy creating something new and that is all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment