Monday, April 5, 2010

Soundslides- Assignment #7




This was probably the hardest project I have done in this class. I have never created anything with sound or anything close to it. I struggled with this project but in the end I did my job.

The song I used is Lupe Fiasco's "the cool". I was lucky the beginning of the song had about a 5 second instrumental part so I could loop it. The final time was 28 seconds in the soundslide.

I haven't used Audacity so it took some time getting used to. Like I stated I took the 5 seconds of the beginning of the song and looped it to 28 seconds for the final soundslide. It took about 4 or 5 loops to get it to 28 seconds. The process wasn't hard, it was the uploading and extracting that made this extremely long.

Once I had my music all set, I put it to the slide show and adjusted the timings so it could be enough to read each slide. This was the most challenging part because the timings I had when my project was on powerpoint were very different to the soundslide program. I then edited the captions and credits and little things here and there.

If I had more time I would have played with the looping much better. I think there might be slight problems with how it sounds in the final piece but maybe that's just me and I am very picky about my work. Guess you could say I am a perfectionist when it comes to things like these.

In the end I really struggled but it was definitely worth it. I wouldn't mind doing more projects like this but I would really have to dedicate my time to getting it right. Overall, I liked the way my final soundslide came out and I am proud of what I have accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment