Sunday, April 4, 2010

Artist Slide show- Assignment #5






















When Professor O'Connell explained that we were going to use Power Point in our next project, I thought it was going to be tougher than she explained it.

The assignment was to choose a band or artist we really enjoyed and make about a 5 slide presentation about the artist or band we chose. The artist I chose was Lupe Fiasco. My boyfriend gave me alot of his albums and I really enjoy listening to his music, he's different than the rappers heard on the radio today. He doesn't rap about being a "gangsta" or having 10 hoes, he raps about whats real to him.

I think the most difficult thing about this project was deciding which pictures to use as the backgrounds for the different slides. Lupe's pictures doesn't really have that many pictures that show his artistic talent.

1. The first picture I chose for this project I thought made the project very interesting because Lupe is standing in front of lights that look like he's ready to begin a show. And in this case begin the slide show presentation.

2. The second slide was titled "Lupe 101". This contained 5 informational bullets about Lupe Fiasco. The picture I chose I was able to change it up and make it a mirror image. I thought the slide didn't look boring because of the picture change.

3. The third slide was the album slide. I took one of Lupe's albums, Food and Liquor, and put all of the songs and song times together. My favorite part of this slide was the album because I was able to add shadow and mirror to the album to make it pop and not just be ordinary. During the class review everyone thought this was the best slide.

4. The fourth slide was a similarity slide in which I took Lupe's album, Food and Liquor and compared it to Nas' Stillmatic, Jay-z's Reasonable Doubt and Erik B & Rakim's Paid in Full. I found the similarities for each album by their notable attributes and the most important lyrics in each album (in my opinion). The challenging part of this slide was getting the album covers to fit in the table and which color(s) to choose. I wanted the slide to stand out and not be boring. The black and yellow was a good mix in my opinion.

5. The fifth and final slide was the reference slide. I chose a black and white picture of Lupe for the background. I thought this slide came out good because the last picture in the presentation is a really good picture of Lupe.

Overall, I really enjoyed this project because it gave me a chance to use my creativity in a program I am already familiar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment