Friday, April 30, 2010

Mediterraneo Website- Assignment #10

To see my actual website, visit it Here .

1. home page







2. about page





3. contact us page


4. links page



5. menu page





This project was very fun to do. The task was to make our own website for the company or place we chose for our brochures.
While it may have taken me a while to get everything right, I did manage to stay focused and do everything I was supposed to.

My brochure was done on a restaurant, Mediterraneo Cafe. For my website, I had a home page, an about page, a contact us page, a menus page, and a links page.

The hardest part was just making sure everything ended up going where it was supposed to as far as links. If I had changed the place of a picture then it took me forever to find where it had gone. However, once I got the hang of it, I was able to make the pictures go where I wanted them to go and have them stay.

A snapshot of my pictures are shown above. In the home page I just have a welcome message to the viewer, the address, and a contact number. Professor O'Connell had stated that people want the information quick and available to them, so they do not have to go looking for it.

My next page was an about page which had the hours of operation and a fact or two about Mediterraneo.

The third page was a contact us page. The address was again listed as well as directions from every point available.

The fourth page was a menu page. It only showed about two entrees per section because I did not want to overwhelm the page. The foods listed were just samples of the many foods offered at the restaurant.

The final page was the links page. I had connected with a place to get dessert after the meal and the other link was to a hooka bar.

If I had more time I would have tried to add more pictures to each of the pages, as well as learn how to make the text more visually pleasing. I took the pictures from my brochure and even on my brochure they had a grainy texture so it showed on the website. I could have looked for more and better pictures, however, I was not concerned with it as much as I was with just getting the website up online.

Overall, I had fun learning new things on Dreamweaver. I had never used it before and I'm glad I got the experience of making something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment