Sunday, February 28, 2010

Animation postcard- Assignment #2


The second assignment called for an animation postcard. For starters it seemed pretty interesting and simple, however, I thought many of the steps seemed to be difficult. The picture below is the first animated picture slide of my postcard. I love the way the colors compliment each other and how it just looks awesome.

The picture consists of my sister and step sister playing, a baby's crib,background of South Boston and a flower. All these pictures I took myself and I thought they fit nicely into what my poem said.

The crib represents being born, the city is where you grow up and face hardships, the girls are going through a happy life and the flower is hope for promise everything will
be ok once you go through hardships.
I hope everyone can get some type of message between the poem and the pictures.

I was able to do the animated pictures, that didn't seem to be a problem once I followed Professor O'Connell's directions and also
the ones online. It didn't become difficult until the animation poem had to be done. I was stressing about what to do because first I didn't know how to put the words into animation form, which I think makes the poem look bland. But the pictures bring it all together at the end. I asked a fellow classmate how to put the words into animation and I was grateful she helped me. Also my boyfriend loves to play around on photoshop so he knew a thing or two which was nice.

The most enjoying part was being able to successfully complete this project. I stressed about the project, but in the end I was able to make a project I'm happy with.

If I had more time I think I would've been able to make the words animated. I wasn't sure how to do it and it became too late to fix it . I don't have photoshop on my laptop and I commute to RWU which leaves no time to work on these types of things.




No comments:

Post a Comment